Quartz Storage Technology
- Emerging Quartz storage technology has the promise to last millions of years and store terabytes of data.
- This technology is ideal for surviving the hostile surface conditions and for enabling the inclusion of millions of digital explorers.
Ion Electrospray Propulsion
- Will trial newest space engines for interplanetary travel – Ion Electrospray Propulsion. Offers the potential to reduce travel time to 4 months.. Developed at MIT.
- 40 thruster pairs arrayed on the bottom of the spacecraft.
- Thrust generated by using electric field to extract and accelerate ions. Propellant is an ionic liquid.
Deep Space Internet
- Will trial Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN)
- Through partnerships with corporate and government leaders, this technology can be trialed in an inter- planetary setting to advance humanity’s ability to connect across planets.